After you’ve made the decision to produce your own personal wedding flowers, you’ll want to gather specific tools and materials so that you can perform a proper job. For the actual arranging itself you’ll need the following items:
1. Cellophane – This is employed to line flower/bouquet boxes that aren’t water proof. It may also be crumpled and put into containers like a flower or foliage support. This works very well in see-through containers.
2. Chicken wire – This is employed to hold floral foam set up in containers. This is usually for larger arrangements. Chicken wire can even be crumpled and placed inside containers to use like a flower/foliage support. (Not recommended for see-through containers).
3. Floral foam – This must be cut to suit the container after which placed into the container. Tape it securely on the container as required. Fill the container with water therefore the floral foam will absorb the river. Once the floral foam is thoroughly wet, begin inserting flowers and foliage.
4. Florist’s scissors – These are special since they possess a serrated edge. This helps when cutting stems as well as wire.
5. Spray bottle – You use this to gently mist (not soak) the flowers and foliage as soon as they happen to be arranged.
6. Florist’s tape – There are 2 sorts of tape –
a. rubber coated tape that is accustomed to cover wires and secure them towards the flowers and stems
b. sticky florist’s tape is sticky somewhere and is also useful for anchoring the floral foam to its container
7. Knives – 1 long and 1 short. Use a long you to definitely cut floral foam and use a shorter knife to scrape stems.
8. Pruning shears – Use these to chop thick, woody stems.
9. Ribbon – You need ribbon for covering up wires on bouquets, posies, corsages and boutonnieres. You can also utilize it as decoration in long tails or bows or perhaps loops for garlands, swags or pomanders.
10. Wire – This is essential for lengthening, strengthening and positioning your flowers and foliage. There are a lot of gauges of wire, but you will find 4 main sizes which can be widely used –
a. 20 gauge (0.90 mm) for wiring heavy flowers for example lilies
b. 22 gauge (0.71 mm) for wiring medium strength flowers like roses and peonies
c. 28 gauge (0.38 mm) for wiring more delicate flowers like violets
d. 30 gauge (0.32 mm) for wiring very delicate flowers like lily-of-the-valley
Be sure to have all in the above items collected and in one place before you decide to being to make your personal wedding flowers. Because putting wedding flowers together is really a huge job, you wish to then come it beforehand. You will need all your time for arranging. Gather your materials about 2 months before your wedding reception to generate your work very much easier.